Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful salad to have when strawberries are at their peak.You may also add papaya,mango, or kiwi to the salad.We like this in the summer with BBQ, Mexican food, or anything grilled. Originally from the "Best of the Best From Arizona" cookbook.
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 1 head bibb lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and cut in julienne slices
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 teaspoons finely minced onions or 2 teaspoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- In a large salad bowl combine the salad ingredients.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well; serve.
Delish! The dressing was very flavorful - so we went very easy on it - or it could have been over powering. We love all of the ingredients in this salad so we knew it would be a winner! Thanks for sharing! (I was thinking that some gorgonzola cheese might go good with it...)
Two word's for ya... Freak'n Great!
I just got back from cancun mexico and they serve jicama alot down there...I got attached to the stuff so was thrilled to find this recipe...so I made this for my dinner party I was having, it was a big hit....