Prep 3 hrs
Cook 45 mins
Posted By Request
Make and share this Strawberry Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- 3 3⁄4 cups strawberry juice (4 to 4 and 1/2 quarts)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 7 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 2 (1 3/4 ounce) packages fruit pectin
- Prepare Strawberries-.
- Place three layers of damp cheesecloth or a jelly bag in a medeium glass bowl.
- Cap strawberries then crush.
- Pour prepared berries in the cheesecloth or jelly bag.
- Tie off cheesecloth and let hang over bowl for 3 hours, pressing gently if needed to get 3 and 3/4 cups juice.
- Prepare waterbath canner, jars, lids and rings.
- In an 8 quart saucepan add strawberry and lemon juice together.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Add Butter.
- Bring to a full, rolling boil stirring constantly.
- Stir in pectin.
- Return to full boil.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and ladle into clean, hot sterile jars.
- Wipe rims, cap and seal.
- Process 5 minutes in a boiling water bath.
- Let stand on a rack or clean towel until cool-check seals.
- Makes about 8 half pints.
I decided to try my hand at jelly and made a couple of recipes, this being one of them. We loved using the fresh strawberries for this! My DH and I enjoy it on our biscuits, toast and bagels. Thanks for sharing!