Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Founf this on another website and it sounded good.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box strawberry gelatin
- 3 cups warm water
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- In a saucepan mix together vanilla pudding mix, tapioca and strawberry gelatin. Stir in warm water. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Remove from the heat and chill in the refrigerator until slightly thickened but not set.
- Stir in sliced strawberries; mix well. Fold in whipped topping until blended. Pour into a 9-inch square pan.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares to serve.
While this tasted good, there was no way I could cut it into squares--what did I do wrong? We just spooned into dessert dishes. Nice flavor, but make sure the crowd you serve likes tapioca. Seems people either love or hate its consistency.
I used sugar free and fat free pudding and jello mixes to cut calories and fat. I used raspberry jello and frozen raspberries from my garden. This is so good and refreshing. I will make this often I'm sure for a fat free, sugar free dessert. Thanks for the recipe!!