Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe that I adopted. I have been making this salad for years, but we always called it "Sorority Salad" for reasons unknown to anyone! I add 1/2 to 3/4 cups chopped pecans or walnuts. This is a very refreshing salad and is good to take to covered dish dinners.
- Mix Jello and 1 cups boiling water and let cool.
- Add mashed bananas, pineapple, and undrained frozen strawberries.
- Put half the mixture into 13" X 9" X 2" pan and chill 30-45 minutes.
- Spread sour cream on top.
- Add remaining fruit & Jello mixture, chill, and cut into squares.
I add chopped walnuts to the berry mixture. It add a crunch and tastes great.
This salad is delicious, but needed a tweak or two--2 packages of jello and 10 oz. less strawberries + juice solve the problems that folks have identified. It is so good that hubby and I can easily eat a panful--with a meal or desert!
This tasted great, but as another reviewer indicated, it didn't quite gel. There was too much liquid. I did not drain th pineapple or the strawberries. Next time I will try draining the pineapple or reduce the amount of water. The flavor is good enough that it deserves figuring out how to make it turn out right.