Recipe by Julie in TX
This is a recipe that I adopted. I have been making this salad for years, but we always called it "Sorority Salad" for reasons unknown to anyone! I add 1/2 to 3/4 cups chopped pecans or walnuts. This is a very refreshing salad and is good to take to covered dish dinners.
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 30 ounces frozen strawberries, undrain
- 1 (1 pint) container sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Jello and 1 cups boiling water and let cool.
- Add mashed bananas, pineapple, and undrained frozen strawberries.
- Put half the mixture into 13" X 9" X 2" pan and chill 30-45 minutes.
- Spread sour cream on top.
- Add remaining fruit & Jello mixture, chill, and cut into squares.