Recipe by LexingtonMom
I know some people are Jello purists, but for those who like all the pizzazz this recipe has a great balance of yummy add-ins. Great for potlucks or Easter dinner. For lower cal version, use sugar-free jello, low fat sour cream, and substitute Splenda for sugar. The layering time is included in preparation estimate, but not the chill time after completion.
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry gelatin (8-serving)
- 1 cup hot water
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) can cranberries
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
Directions See How It's Made
- Add water to jello and put in refrigerator to gel somewhat.
- Blend cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients to jello. Spread half over bottom of 9x13 pan. Return to refrigerator to set (30-45 minutes?).
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over thickened jello, then top with other half of jello mixture.
- Refrigerate several hours until firm.