Recipe by ThespiSis
This is a variation of a Lemon Jello Pound Cake I found on another recipe site. I'm experimenting with cake decorating/sculpting, and it carves rather nicely. It called for lemon jello instead of strawberry, lemon extract instead of vanilla, and apricot nectar instead of orange juice. I will continue to experiment with different flavors of jello, extracts, and juices. I would like to encourage you to do the same and post your variations in your reviews. NOTE: For my purposes, I used cupcake tins for my layers, so I've set the servings accordingly. UPDATE: Originally, I posted this with orange juice instead of strawberry-banana nectar, so the first 2 reviews reflect that. I have since tried strawberry-banana nectar, and I like it much better for the strawberry flavor. If you want to try what's been reviewed or can't find the nectar, try the OJ. It's just got a little bite to it where the nectar is a more mellow flavor.
Top Review by *Z*
This was a really interesting and different flavored cake. I love pound cake and all of it's variations. I used black cherry jello with orange juice. It made the cake and interesting mauve color. It had a nice little twang from the oj. It was super easy to do. It baked up perfectly. I made it in a Bundt pan and it took about 38 minutes. I dusted it with powdered sugar before serving. It was gone in 1 day!
- 1 (16 ounce) package poundcake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry-banana nectar
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix about 3 minutes.
- Spray the pan(s) of your choice with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour batter into pan(s).
- Bake at 350 until sticking a toothpick or wooden skewer in the center comes out clean. Length of time will vary according to the type of pan you are using, but mini cupcakes will typically require a minimum of 10 minutes, regular cupcakes a minimum of 20 minutes, and larger pans ranging from 30-45 minutes.