Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband's grandmother served us this pie many years ago and we loved it. It has become a family favorite. It can be made with sugar-free jello and pudding if you prefer. It's a nice, light summer treat.
- 1 10-inch baked pie shells, cooled or 1 prepared graham cracker crusts or 1 vanilla wafer pie crust
- 4 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix (the cooked kind)
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 6 tablespoons Cool Whip
- Place strawberries in the pie shell.
- Set aside.
- Mix jello and pudding with water.
- Heat to a full boil, then remove from heat.
- Pour over berries and chill.
- Top with 1 T.
- Cool Whip, if desired.
I have been trying to find this recipe for years and I want to cry now that I found it. My mother use to make this pie with me when I was a little girl. She passed many years ago and no one knew how she made the pie but we all loved it. Thank you so much to whomever posted this recipe.
Awesome ... everyone LOVED IT!!! Also, came out perfect!!!
Easy to make and a hit at our July 4th Cookout.
A few notes.
- The recipe made too much for the pie shell. I used 3/4 of the strawberries and jello filling.
- It fell part and was difficult to get out of the pie shell. Kind of messy.
Thanks for posting.