Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 (3 ounce) boxes strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint soft vanilla ice cream
- 2 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon knox gelatin
- Combine gelatin, salt and jello.
- Add water and dissolve.
- Add ice cream.
- Stir well.
- Rinse mold with ice water before adding mixture.
- Chill until firm.
I have made this exact recipe many many times, with lots of variations. Orange jello with drained mandarin oranges, halved green seedless grapes in the strawberry mixture, fresh strawberries (chopped) in the strawberry mixture... the list goes on and on. It's always a big hit wherever it's served. Thanks for posting, Meanie!