Recipe by bunnee
This is perfect with strawberry season coming up. Who can resist something that tastes like strawberry shortcake without the fuss?
Top Review by CharliesMommy
So So Yummy... we made something like this in the deli I used to work in... We would mix crushed pineapple with the cottage cheese.. jello and cool whip... you can use any flavor jello..we always called it "Fluff"... we sold more black cherry and strawberry than any other flavors.
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled, washed, thoroughly dried, then sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert (unprepared, use powder only)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, add jello powder to cottage cheese and mix well, scraping bottom and sides of bowl, until THOROUGHLY blended.
- Gently stir in sliced strawberries.
- Fold in thawed Cool Whip to blend, and transfer to serving dish.
- Top with chopped pecans, cover, and refrigerate at least 3 hours (preferably overnight).