Recipe by donnaarch
A family favorite. This is an easy and sure to please favorite at any occassion. The best part is you can mix up the recipe between strawberries and raspberries depending on what you have on hand, and they are equally as good in any combination.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
A lot of people seem to have an aversion to anything 'jello' but not me! I was raised on the stuff & like it almost any ol' way! And when it's paired with berries, like this is, it really does make for a wonderful dish! Absolutely loved making & eating this! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
- 1 (6 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert (Raspberry Jello is just as good)
- 1 (16 ounce) bagof thawed raspberries (Strawberries are just as good)
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 2 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Disolve/stir Jello in 2 cups of boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Add thawed berries and blend with hand mixer until fruit is chopped/blended well.
- Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until 1/2 hardened/set.
- After 1/2 set, lightly fold in sour cream and Cool Whip.
- Place in serving dish and return to refrigerator until set (apprx. 2 hours).