Recipe by robingracejohnson
This one came from my husbands grandmother. He used to cut her weeds for her and she would make these for him as payment! Very good cake!!!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 (1/3 ounce) boxes strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert (small boxes)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding (small box)
- 1 (12 ounce) can strawberry soda (soda)
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping (such as cool whip)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake cake according to directions on the box.
- When done poke holes in it and slowly pour strawberry pop over it.
- Combine jello and 1 cup hot water until dissolved; slowly pour over cake.
- Let cake cool completely and soak up all the liquid.
- Meanwhile prepare topping.
- Make box of instant pudding according to directions on box.
- Fold in cool whip.
- When cake is completely cooled top with pudding topping.