Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
OMG.... This sounds so good!!!!! I ran across this on a website and want to have it for future use!
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 ounces strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mixing the cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil together, and pour cake mixture into a coated cake pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until cake is done.
- Remove from oven and poke holes in cake (using a large fork). This is so the Jello can absorb into the cake. In a separate bowl combine Jello with one cup of boiling water. Mix until jello is dissolved.
- Pour dissolved jello mixture over cake. Refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving spoon cool whip over cake, cut and serve.
Great cake! Made this for DH to take to work. The boys inhaled it! Great way to use box cake mix and get a terrific dessert! Thanks Doxie Lover! Made for Spring 2009 PAC