Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Perfect to give around Valentine's Day
- 1 2⁄3 cups light corn syrup
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 liquid fruit pectin
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) jar strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon liquid citric acid
- confectioners' sugar
- In a small saucepan, bring corn syrup to a boil.
- In a larger saucepan combine sugar and pectin and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Blend in water gradually and let mixture come to a boil.
- Add boiling corn syrup to sugar mixture and cook to 220 degrees F on candy thermometer.
- Continue stirring and add strawberry jam.
- Cook to 224 degrees F.
- Remove pan from heat and add citric acid.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a 8x8-inch pan and let stand several hours.
- When candy is firm, cut into squares with buttered knife and roll in confectioners sugar.