Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Cooling time not included.
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen strawberries
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- Stir boiling water into Jell-0 and let cool.
- Add strawberries and drained pineapple.
- I put the pineapple on some paper towels to get out as much of the moisture as I can.
- Pour half of mixture into large baking dish and let set in the refrigerator until set.
- Layer the sour cream over set mixture.
- Layer the second half of Jell-0 mixture over the sour cream and let set firmly.
This is similar to a recipe my Mom made when I was growing up, and I wanted to make it myself. I left out the pineapple, because that is the way she made it. It was very much like I remembered and we liked it a lot. Thanks for sharing!
This is a great Jell-o salad recipe. I've made this for the holidays for about 15 years it is always a hit!!!
Charlotte this salad was fantic. So simple to put togather and the end results were yummy! My girls were asking for seconds even before they were done. What a nice refreshing salad on a hot day.