Great pot luck or BBQ dessert. Strawberry shortcake in one pan!
Make and share this Strawberry Jell-O Poke Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (5/8 ounce) jell-o sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- Prepare cake mix according to instructions on box for a 13x9-inch cake. As soon as cake comes out of the oven, poke holes in it with a fork.
- Meanwhile, mix strawberry gelatin with 2 cups boiling water, stirring well to dissolve. Cool slightly.
- Pour gelatin over the cake and chill until set.
- Mix strawberries with sugar.
- Top cake with the strawberries, juice and all, then Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
We used to have these for 4th of July picnics in Michigan. I made this last July 4th, frosted it with fat-free whipped topping, and decorated with fresh strawberries and blueberries into the shape of the American flag. Thank you for posting the recipe. I do not know how to tell the people not to rotate the photo so that it shows it like the US flag. They keep rotating it and loosing the effect.
This was a very good cake. My family really enjoyed it. Very simple to make. Thanks for posting.
Okay, I didn't have any...I would have to fight for it anyway. Used regular jello, not sugar free. I didn't let this set in the fridge with the strawberries on it, wanted this to last a couple of days. My DH really enjoyed this in his lunch box, I put a dollop of whipped cream on the cake and placed the stawberries in a separate container so he could pour them on. My DS's enjoyed this just with the whipped cream-no strawberries. Thank You!