Recipe by KelBel
Great pot luck or BBQ dessert. Strawberry shortcake in one pan!
Top Review by Nado2003
We used to have these for 4th of July picnics in Michigan. I made this last July 4th, frosted it with fat-free whipped topping, and decorated with fresh strawberries and blueberries into the shape of the American flag. Thank you for posting the recipe. I do not know how to tell the people not to rotate the photo so that it shows it like the US flag. They keep rotating it and loosing the effect.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (5/8 ounce) jell-o sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake mix according to instructions on box for a 13x9-inch cake. As soon as cake comes out of the oven, poke holes in it with a fork.
- Meanwhile, mix strawberry gelatin with 2 cups boiling water, stirring well to dissolve. Cool slightly.
- Pour gelatin over the cake and chill until set.
- Mix strawberries with sugar.
- Top cake with the strawberries, juice and all, then Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.