Recipe by Chef TraceyMae
It makes a lovely, very impressive dessert, but so easy! This recipe was submitted by Dorothy Hart to the Cal Fish and Game, Wild and Wonderful Recipes II.
Top Review by lauralie41
My mom used to make a similar cake that was very good and this cake was right there with what my mom made. This would be a nice holiday dessert also. Simple and delicious! Thank you Chef Tracey Mae for posting this recipe. Made and reviewed for the Australia/New Zealand's Forums Recipe Swap #25.
- 6 ounces sugar-free strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 cup hot water
- 16 ounces frozen strawberries, package
- 1 large angel food cake, broken into bite-size pieces (or 2 cake, loaf)
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- fresh strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the strawberry Jell-O and hot water until dissolved.
- Add the frozen strawberries.
- Stir into the Jell-O mixture and chill until just starting to thicken.
- Add the angel food cake and marshmallows.
- Mix well (Because the Jell-O is cool, the cake will not absorb the Jell-O).
- Pour into nonstick sprayed tube pan with a removable center.
- Press the mixture down firmly with a spoon.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Just before serving, unmold and use Cool Whip as icing.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries.