Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
It makes a lovely, very impressive dessert, but so easy! This recipe was submitted by Dorothy Hart to the Cal Fish and Game, Wild and Wonderful Recipes II.
- Stir together the strawberry Jell-O and hot water until dissolved.
- Add the frozen strawberries.
- Stir into the Jell-O mixture and chill until just starting to thicken.
- Add the angel food cake and marshmallows.
- Mix well (Because the Jell-O is cool, the cake will not absorb the Jell-O).
- Pour into nonstick sprayed tube pan with a removable center.
- Press the mixture down firmly with a spoon.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Just before serving, unmold and use Cool Whip as icing.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries.
My mom used to make a similar cake that was very good and this cake was right there with what my mom made. This would be a nice holiday dessert also. Simple and delicious! Thank you Chef Tracey Mae for posting this recipe. Made and reviewed for the Australia/New Zealand's Forums Recipe Swap #25.
Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #16. This cake was excellent. I did have an issue with it, but it was my own fault - I mixed the frozen strawberries in with jello and put it in the refrigerator to cool down and set slightly not even thinking about the fact that the frozen strawberries would cool it off really quick! I ended up adding a small package of jello with 1/2 cup of water to rescue the set up jello. It worked pretty good. Even with the issue I had the cake turned out good and everyone loved it. I will make this again! Thanks Chef Tracey Mae for a wonderful dessert recipe!
This was really nice I didnt use cool whip as we don't have it in the UK as far as I know. Love the fact that it is not overloaded with calories! Thanks for posting, made for fall PAC 07.