1 hr 30 mins
These cookies are wonderful, and great for the holidays too. They are extremely rich, so cut them into small squares.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2You will need an 8x8" ungreased baking pan.
- 3In a medium bowl, cream the butter with the sugar, and then beat in the egg yolks.
- 4Stir in the flour and nuts gradually.
- 5Form the dough into a ball and cut in half.
- 6Wrap half the dough in plastic wrap and put in the freezer while you work with the first half.
- 7Pat the dough evenly into an 8x8" pan.
- 8Stir the jam to soften, and spread on the dough in the pan.
- 9Remove the remaining dough from the freezer and roll out between 2 pieces of plastic wrap into an 8x8" square.
- 10Lay the dough on top of the jam in the pan.
- 11Bake at 325F for 55-60 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 12Cut into small squares as this is very sweet and rich.
- 13I usually slice 6 sections each way for 36 cookies.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Jam Squares
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.4
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 39.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g