Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
These cookies are wonderful, and great for the holidays too. They are extremely rich, so cut them into small squares.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 325.
- You will need an 8x8" ungreased baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter with the sugar, and then beat in the egg yolks.
- Stir in the flour and nuts gradually.
- Form the dough into a ball and cut in half.
- Wrap half the dough in plastic wrap and put in the freezer while you work with the first half.
- Pat the dough evenly into an 8x8" pan.
- Stir the jam to soften, and spread on the dough in the pan.
- Remove the remaining dough from the freezer and roll out between 2 pieces of plastic wrap into an 8x8" square.
- Lay the dough on top of the jam in the pan.
- Bake at 325F for 55-60 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cut into small squares as this is very sweet and rich.
- I usually slice 6 sections each way for 36 cookies.
These cookies were wonderful. I added 1t vanilla to the recipe for a little more oomph. My husband ate them in two sittings! Thanks!