1/2 Photos of Strawberry Jam (Pectin Added)
This recipes is from the Ball Blue Book. The only thing I did differently is to add lemon zest. It's really refreshing, because the lemon zest/juice keeps it from being overly sweet. This is one of my favorite jams that I make each year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash strawberries; drain.
- 2Remove Stems.
- 3Crush strawberries on layer at a time. (I use a potato masher for this.).
- 4Combine strawberries, powdered pectin, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a large saucepot.
- 5Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Return to a rolling boil.
- 7Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 8Remove from heat, and skim foam if necessary.
- 9Ladle into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- 10Adjust 2-piece caps. Process 10 minutes in a boiling water canner.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Jam (Pectin Added)
Serving Size: 1 (2727 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 748.1
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 192.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 182.1 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of