Prep 8 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Strawberries with vanilla and hints of lavender. I came up with this recipe using fresh spring strawberries and Lavender Sugar With Vanilla. This bring me back to Provence! Lovely on La Baguette, Fougasse, chocolate croissant, inside a crepe, French Toast. Bon appétit!
- 2 lbs quartered not crushed strawberries, washed and dried
- 2 lbs sugar
- 1 lemon, juice about 2-3 tablespoons
- 1 vanilla pod, cut into 1/4 inches pieces
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender blossoms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter, optional to reduce foam
- 3 ounces certo liquid pectin
- Place one cup of sugar in the blender with lavender and vanilla. Blend till all fine and powdery.
- Add to sugar.
- Place strawberries in a heavy bottom pot stir in all the sugar. Let sit for 4 hour. Stirring a couple times till all the sugar is a syrup.
- Add lemon juice and butter if using.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat. When stirring it still is boiling.
- Stir in the liquid pectin bring back to a rolling boil. Then continue a rolling boil for 1 minute. Stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Ladle into prepared jars. Wipe rims and secure with lids and screw bands.
- Place in a hot water bath covered by 1 inch of water. Cover and bring to a gentle boil for 10 minutes. Shut flame off and leave for 5 more minutes.
- Remove jars keeping upright. Place in a draft free place on a towel to cool completely.
- Let jars sit for 24 hours be sure jars are sealed. Remove bands wipe jars and label.
- Good for 1 year if stored in a cool dry dark pantry.
I love the bits of vanilla bean in the jam plus the smell is out of this world. My new favorite strawberry jam.
beautiful flavor.. just a hint of floral.. am gonna design a recipe to go with this for my bridal shower