Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
This came in my bread machine's user book. It looks so easy, I'm trying it now and thought I'd post it to share :) You can also substitute blackberries or raspberries for this jam.
- If frozen, thaw completely.
- Crush berries with fork or potato masher, do NOT puree them.
- Put berries and sugar into pan of machine.
- Follow the directions for your machine for the jam cycle.
- Do NOT alter the ingredient quantities or this will NOT set right.
My first attempt at homemade jam was a success thanks to this recipe. I would recommend it to anyone. I did use frozen strawberries because they are not in season right now and it just turned out wonderfully. It did boil over in my bread machine which was an awful mess to clean up but I would go through the clean up again for such an easy jam. ENJOY!!!
Three and 1/4 cups of sugar seems to be a lot of sugar for this amount of jam..... it is extra sweet.
Made this jam, followed recipe, and it's kind of liquidy, not thick. But its really good!