Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These cookie bars are so good. My grandkids just loved them as did the rest of the family. This is a recipe from "Winning Recipes from Taste of Home." I happened to have a box of cornflakes that contained dried strawberries, so I used that. YUMMY!
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add egg, mix well.
- Gradually add dry cake mix and cornflakes.
- Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping.
- Press remaining dough into a greased 13"x9"x2" baking pan.
- Carefully spread jam over crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved dough, gently press down.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutesor until golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars.