Recipe by mandabears
This is a recipe from the Tailgating TOH cookbook that I got from Critter in the regional swap. These sounded so good, I made them right away and they tasted as good as they sounded.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces white cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup corn flakes, finely crushed
- 1 cup strawberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 13 x 9 pan.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and brown sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Gradually add in cake mix and crushed cornflakes.
- Set aside 1 1/2 cups for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into prepared pan.
- Carefully spread jam over crust(I microwaved the jam to make it easier to spread).
- Sprinkle with remaining dough.
- Gently press down.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.