Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A family recipe I love it.
Make and share this Strawberry Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Wash jars and rims in hot soapy water.
- Pour boiling water over flat lids.
- Let stand in hot water until ready to use.
- Measure exact amount of fruit into a 6-8qt saucepan.
- Stir pectin into fruit.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Add exact amount of sugar.
- Return to a full boil and boil 1 full minute.
- Ladle quickly into jars leaving 1/8" at the top.
- Invert jars 5 minutes then turn upright.
- Let sit for 24 hours before serving.
Great. I made a plum jam instead of strawberry. Just like the one I used to make when I was a teenager. I just added some lemon juice to it. Thanks
Very good! This was my first attempt at jam-making andd it went very well. I made this with frozen strawberries and gave them as gifts. Make sure your pot is big enough it expands on the second boil. You probably could cut back on the sugar if you wanted to, its quite sweet, but I like it as is.