1/12 Photos of Strawberry Jam
I can't really take credit for this recipe. It comes from the instruction sheet that is inside the Sure-Jell box, but it is a tried and true recipe. I love making my own jams and jellies and my family loves eating them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour crushed berries into large boiler.
- 2Measure sugar into seperate container and set aside.
- 3Stir package of Sure-Jell into strawberries.
- 4Add butter.
- 5Bring berries and Sure-Jell to a full rolling boil (a boil that does not stop bubbling when stirred) then add sugar.
- 6Stir constantly.
- 7Stir in sugar, quickly.
- 8Return mixture to a full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 9Remove from heat.
- 10Skim foam from top with metal spoon.
- 11Ladle quickly into jars that have been cleaned and preheated.
- 12Clean rims of jars with clean hot cloth.
- 13Place heated lids (lids that have been placed in simmering water for 1 minute) on jars and tighten rings.
- 14Place jars in water bath canner for 5 minutes, then remove from canner, turn jars upside down for 5 minutes.
- 15Return jars to upright position and let cool completely before storing.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Jam
Serving Size: 1 (2668 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 997.7
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 23.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 256.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 242.7 g
- Protein 1.3 g