Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Recipe for a chunky and sweet strawberry jam.
- Chop strawberries into around 1cm bits.
- Put strawberries in a pot and stir for at least 10 minutes.
- Next add ALL sugar and lemon juice and stir for around 2 minutes, and then leave it to boil for around 15 minutes.
- After that it should generally be ready, pour into a jar or anything, really and leave the lid off to cool the jam, at this time it will be very hot.
- Leave the jam to cool for at least 15-30 minutes and then it will be ready.
- (NOTE: This is not a thick jam. It should still have chunks of strawberries in it).
Very good jam. I admit that I didn't use your measurements (I just had a few berries), but I based my recipe off of them. So thanks!
very good jam, I used strawberries an blackberries that I needed to use before they went bad so good. I halfed the sugar, personal preference and it was delightful.
I had a bag of frozen strawberries that needed using up. Because there is no weight description in the recipe, I had to play by ear. After chopping them up, I got 300gms and used about 60gms of sugar and no lemon juice as I thought it was sour as it was. It turned about pretty okay. I will try it again and post a revised review then.