Recipe by Dib's
This recipe is posted by request and was found on the net-no name was attached. I took a guess at the amount this recipe makes so please let me know if you make this recipe. Cooking time reflects processing time as well.
Top Review by Jamlady
I did make this jam and it was just too hot. Could not taste the strawberries. I am going to try it again and add 1/2 cup of strawberries and use 1/2 cup less of jalapenos. Some people that tried it said it was not hot enough!, but most said the proportions were not right.
- 3 cups crushed ripe strawberries
- 2 cups chopped jalapenos
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package dry pectin
- 7 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the strawberries, jalapenos and pectin in a 4 quart microwave proof bowl.
- Cook covered on high for 10 minutes, or until a boil is reached, stirring once during cooking.
- Stir in sugar and mix well.
- Cook covered on high for 11-12 minutes or until a hard boil is reached.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Skim off foam.
- Ladle into clean hot sterile jars.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.