Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is quite perfect for a summer dessert. Makes itself in the fridge, while your oven stays cool.
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 pint Cool Whip
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (11 ounce) boxcrushed vanilla wafers
- Dissolve jello in boiling water.
- Add sugar and marshmallows.
- Make sure water is boiling hot or marshmallows will not dissolve.
- Let stand till thick.
- Beat with mixer, add cool whip and thawed berries.
- Line bottom of oblong cake pan with crushed wafers.
- Put half of berry mixture on top then add another layer of wafers and another of berry mixture ending with wafers.
- Put in the fridge and chill.
- Serve when well chilled and set.
Outstanding strawberry recipe! This was very easy to make. And don't worry if those stubborn marshmallows do not all dissolve. Mine didn't, but they did when I used the mixer to add the cool whip. The instructions didn't say where to use the chopped nuts so I mixed them in with the crushed vanilla wafers. Now here is where I made a change to suit our preference. I used 2 cups of the crumb & nut mixture and added 1/3 cup of melted butter to make a vanilla wafer crumb crust. Pressed it to the bottom of an 8 X 11 pyrex cake pan and baked it at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. After it cooled, I added the strawberry filling and layered it with the rest of the crumbs as directed. We loved this! I plan to make this again to take to a family reunion. Thanks for sharing!!