1/1 Photo of Strawberry Ice Cream Sodas
3 hrs 45 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
reminds me of working at the 50's Restaurant Johhny Rockets, making all the old fashion drinks, shakes, and malts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups strawberry syrup, recipe follows
- 2 quarts strawberry ice cream, slightly softened
- chilled club soda or seltzer water
- 8 whole strawberries, for garnish
- 1In each glass combine 1/4 cup each of the milk and strawberry syrup.
- 2Put 2 or 3 scoops of the ice cream into each glass and fill the glasses with the club soda or seltzer.
- 3Divide the remaining syrup among the sodas and garnish each soda with a strawberry.
- 4In the food processor or in a blender in batches puree the strawberries, transfer the puree to a stainless steel or enameled saucepan, and stir in the sugar and water.
- 5Bring the mixture to a boil over moderate heat, stirring, and simmer it for 1 minute.
- 6Force the mixture through a fine sieve set over a bowl and chill the syrup, covered, for at least 3 hours.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Ice Cream Sodas
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.1
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 46.8 mg
- Sodium 110.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: