Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful summertime treat made with sweet, ripe strawberries. Modified from recipe I found in GOING SOLO IN THE KITCHEN.
- 1⁄4 cup crushed strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chilled club soda
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup vanilla ice cream (1 large scoop)
- Sweeten crushed strawberries to taste with sugar (I place strawberries with sugar in blender or processor& pulse a couple of times).
- Place puree in tall glass; stir in cream and club soda.
- Add scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- If desired, garnish with fan cut whole strawberry or sprig of fresh mint.
- I have used turbinado sugar for a different taste; also can use half& half in place of cream for a thinner, less rich soda.
- Other berries would work well.
Fantastic and since I have an abudance of strawberries we have been drinking way too many of these! LOL Instead of light cream I used 2 percent milk and they were just as scrumptious!!! Thank you for a great summertime drink that is helping me deal with all these strawberries! Thankyou for a keeper! Jelly :)
This is a really yummy dessert drink that I have had a few times now. I make mine with Ginger Ale. Take a walk down memory lane and have one!