Recipe by KissKiss
If you like cheesecake and strawberry ice cream, you will LOVE this recipe. Perfect for summer but no one will be mad if you make it during a blizzard. For a finishing touch, I recommend thawing a box of frozen sweetened strawberries and topping each slice with a spoonful.
- 1 3⁄4 quarts breyer's strawberry ice cream (or approx a half gallon on other premium ice cream)
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter (salted butter)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 -9 inch) cheesecake, room temperature (8-9 inches with graham cracker crust)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set ice cream on counter for 30 minutes to thaw.
- In a bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar with a fork. Press this mixture over the bottom (and slightly up the sides) of a 9-inch springform pan using your fingers. Then use the bottom of a glass to flatten/compact it. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the softened ice cream with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy but not melted (you can also use a mixer with a paddle attachment). Break the storebought cheesecake into pieces and fold it into ice cream. Pour the mixture onto the crust in the springform pan and smooth out the top.
- Put in the freezer to set for four hours.
- When ready to serve, remove the sides of the springform pan and allow to sit on counter for 15 minutes before slicing. Top with thawed sweetened strawberries with their juice and serve immediately.