Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Home made ice cream is adapted from recipe in the book that came with my machine. My machine requires 4 hour refrigeration time (not included in prep time) and 20 minute processing time which I included as cook time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half (or milk)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 ounces egg substitute
- 1 cup pureed strawberry
- 1 cup sugar
- Combine egg subsitute and sugar in larger mixing bowl and blend well.
- Add half-and-half, cream, vanilla and cream cheese.
- Blend well.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Refrigerate mixture and process in ice-cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
Wow! Ellie, this is the best ice cream I've ever had in my life! I mean it! I would give this recipe 10 stars if I could! I used soymilk, evaporated soymilk, and Tofutti cream cheese substitute in place of the dairy products, and it still came out tasting better than anything I've ever had in an ice cream shop. The cream cheese made it so rich and delicious! I just made it about an hour ago, and I'm already getting requests to make it again. I'll definitely be making this one frequently. Thank you so much, Ellie!
Boyfriend LOVED it and asked for seconds!!!!!!!!!!! SO easy to make but i had to make it in 2 batches because it was too much for my ice cream maker. ASOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!!!!