Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A different type of ice cream made with sweetened condensed milk!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups milk
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 pint crushed strawberry, sweetened with
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Beat eggs in large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and salt, beating until completely blended.
- Bring 5 cp.
- milk to a boil.
- Add hot milk slowly to egg mixture, beating constantly.
- Add evaporated and condensed milk and vanilla.
- Add crushed fruit with its juice.
- Let cool in refrigerator or freezer.
- Pour into a 4 quart ice cream container.
- Freeze according to freezer direction.
I made this for my daughter's third birthday, and it was a hit with kids and adults both! Very yummy!!!!!
I made this for my son's birthday party. I added closer to 2 pints of strawberries, some pureed, some just sliced... this was an absolute hit! This disappeared faster than the vanilla ice cream I also made.... I can't wait for another good excuse to make this!
The flavor and texture of this ice cream was good. We finely diced 1 pint of strawberries and pureed 1/2 cup in the food processor. My ice cream turned out with a slight tan color. Maybe from the vinilla?