Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just a simple recipe that tastes great.
- 2 lbs strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons vanilla
- In a food processor blend the strawberries and lemon juice until mixture is almost smooth, but still slightly chunky.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with the sugar until thick and pale (no less than 10 minutes).
- Beat in condensed milk, half and half, vanilla and strawberry mixture and freeze in ice-cream maker according to manufacturers instructions.
Nicely flavored ice cream that I was able to reduce without any problems. I made a few subsitutions that may have caused the slightly grainy taste such as subsituting egg subsitute in place of the eggs and low fat condensed milk in place of regular.
Good, but not greatâ€”I didn't find it creamy or rich enough
What a great strawberry ice cream! I did mix warmed cream with the egg/sugar mixture and heated it to 160F to pasturize the eggs; I then added the sweetened condensed milk. After chilling, the mix was very smooth and slightly thickened. Is a great base for strawberry and other fruit flavored ice creams.