Recipe by grandma2969
this is a stunning pink dessert and an updated version of sherbert...drizzle a little Chambord (raspberry liqueur ) over the top if you like
- 7 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- puree the strawberries in a blender or food processor, working in batches, if necessary.
- in a large bowl, combine the puree with the sugar,orange juice and lemon juice and allow to stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- pour into a 9" square pan and place in the freezer.
- when the mixture is frozen about 1" on all sides of the pan, (about 1 hour) transfer to a mixer bowl and beat until mushy.
- return the mixture to the pan and freeze again until it is slightly frozen.about 45 minutes.
- beat one more time, return the mixture to the pan and freeze until firm.
- to soften the sorbet before serving, puree it for a few seconds in a chilled food processor bowl.serve immediately.
- NOTE* you can also make this in an ice cream freezer following the manufacture's instructions.