Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
This recipe comes from Essentials of Healthful Cooking by William-Sonoma. I use this sauce instead of syrup on pancakes and waffles.
- Warm the honey in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until thin but not hot.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and strawberries.
- Stir until blended, cover and let stand at room temeperature until ready to serve.
- Note: The sauce will keep covered in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
- Allow to reach room temperature before serving.
This is really easy and quick to prepare in the morning. The flavors work great together, and it was a great way to use up very ripe strawberries. I also love that it doesn't contain processed sugar.
Wonderful! I had to increase the recipe by a lot, because I had gazoodles of strawberries that were teetering on the edge of starting to go bad ... so I think I may have blown the ratio of strawberries to honey to lemon juice. But all three flavors are clearly present, and are absolutely delicious. I had to pull myself away from the bowl to make sure there'd be enough for tonight. We'll serve this on nonfat yogurt cheese, and it'll be terrific (since I already know how great it tastes). Thanks so much for posting this!