Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
a great afternoon lemonade with just a little different flavor for everyone to enjoy -
- 6 cups water
- 6 hibiscus tea bags
- 2 lbs strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, plus
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from 3 lemons)
1/4 cup simple syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- SIMPLE SYRUP:.
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Let cool completely, and refrigerate for up to 1 month.
- Bring water to a simmer in a small saucepan. Remove from heat, add tea bags, and steep for 30 minutes. Discard tea bags, and pour into a pitcher. Let cool completely.
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Heat until strawberries release their juices, about 25 minutes. Strain through a sieve into a pitcher. (Stir gently, but do not press strawberries, or juice will become cloudy).
- Add lemon juice and simple syrup to pitcher and stir to combine. Divide juice among ice-filled glasses, or refrigerate for up to 3 days.