Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This cake is an all out celebration of everything that is good in life. Make it to welcome the springtime, Grandma's birthday, a graduation or first drivers liscense. Make it because your having a party or, best of all, just because you love your family.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) packagestrawberry flavored gelatin powder
- 1 cup mashed fresh strawberries
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3⁄4 cup fresh strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 3 (9 inch) round pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and gelatin mix.
- Make a well in the center and pour in 1 cup mashed strawberries, oil, milk and eggs.
- Beat on low speed until blended.
- Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Fold in the coconut and pecans.
- Divide the batter among the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To make the Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Mash the 3/4 cup strawberries to make 1/2 cup, then drain well; set aside. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Blend in the confectioners' sugar and drained strawberries.
- Beat on medium speed until the frosting lightens and is well combined. Fold in the coconut and pecans.
- Frost cake between layers, on top and sides.
- Chill uncovered 30 minutes or until frosting sets, then cover and chill 4 to 6 hours before serving.
Sorry to disappoint you, but I made this one for 2 reasons ~ I LOVE cake & I LOVE strawberries, & believe me, I wasn't disappointed! LOVED YOUR CAKE, & now I can't wait to make it again, but this time to share with special friends! Many thanks for this great keeper! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Loved this cake, and was so impressed that I was able to make it because it looks gorgeous. This recipe was not difficult at all to pull off though. The cake was bursting with strawberry flavor, which is so nice for spring. It almost tastes like a strawberry-flavored Italian cream cake- which I LOVE. A winning recipe, thanks for sharing it. [made & reviewed for PRMR]