Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dessert is always the first to go at any gathering. It is light and refreshing and perfect during strawberry season.
- 1 angel food cake
- 453.59 g container Cool Whip
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- 236.59 ml sugar, divided
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 946.0 ml fresh strawberries, sliced
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 85.04 g package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 236.59 ml water
- Combine in medium saucepan 1/2 cup of sugar, cornstarch, Jello, lemon juice, and water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Stir in sliced strawberries.
- Tear angel food cake into 1 inch pieces and toss with 2 cups of the Cool Whip.
- Press into 9x13 inch pan (I use glass so you can see the pretty layers).
- Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup remaining sugar, and vanilla in mixer bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in remaining Cool Whip.
- Spread evenly over cake layer.
- Pour cooled strawberry mixture over cream cheese layer, spreading to cover cake evenly.
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours before serving.
- Note: You may substitute a 16 ounce bag of frozen whole strawberries, thawed and chopped, for the fresh strawberries.
Very nice! Easy to make, too. It will be great for the hot, summer days. Thanks for sharing :-)
Made for our family gathering this July 4th and it was a dessert hit with everyone. Thank-you for sharing this recipe!