Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
YUMMY!!My husband said this is the grown-up version of Strawberry Shortcake...try it, you won't regret it! Cook time is actually chill time. We are lucky enough to have wonderful fresh berries available to us about 3 months out of the year, so i've become a "berry snob" and won't use frozen, but I am sure that they would be just as good.
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1⁄2 a lemon, juice of (1 1/2 Tbsp if using lemon juice)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint whipped topping
- 10 3⁄4 ounces poundcake (the kind you find in the frozen food section, like Sara Lee)
- Slice off the top, bottom and ends of the poundcake and slice thinly.
- Puree 1c of the strawberries with the lemon juice and set aside.
- Whip together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Fold whipped topping and strawberry puree into cream cheese mixture.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9" springform pan with the poundcake.
- Top with 1/2 of the cream cheese/strawberry mixture.
- Top with sliced strawberries.
- Repeat all 3 layers.
- Chill overnight.
Delicious and super easy to make! I bet this would be good made with sliced Twinkies instead of poundcake. Thanks for sharing!