Recipe by Mysterygirl
My daughter cut this recipe out of the lid of the Cool Whip container. She did good, because this recipe is easy and tastes great!
- 1 angel food cake (10 inch)
- 1 pint strawberry, crushed
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 12 ounces Cool Whip Lite, thawed
- strawberry, sliced and arranged into fans (optional)
- fresh mint leaves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cake horizontally into 3 layers.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate.
- Stir crushed strawberries and milk into 1 ½ cups of the Cool Whip in a large bowl.
- Spread ½ of the strawberry mixture on cake layer.
- Arrange ½ of the sliced strawberries on top of the strawberry mixture.
- Repeat layers, ending with cake.
- Frost the top and sides of the cake with the remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Decorate top and sides of the cake with strawberry fans and mint leaves.
- Store leftover cake in the refrigerator.