Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe on Diana's Desserts and she says it should be made with an Elegant Heart Cake Pan by Nordic Ware. It can be purchased online or at JCPenney's. She made it for her husband on Valentine's Day in 2005 and she calls it a winner! It looks awesome in the picture! The cake takes a long time to cool but it is worth it, I guess!
- 5 eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons kirsch liqueur or 3 tablespoons other fruit liqueur
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, cleaned & hulled & chopped
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, cleaned & hulled
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325F(160.
- Butter and flour a 10 or 12 cup bundt or heart shaped cake pan.
- In a large bowl, blend the eggs and granulated sugar.
- Using an electric mixer, beat in the butter & liqueur until fluffy.
- Add all but 2 tablespoonns of the flour and baking powder and salt, and beat until well incorporated and no lumps remain.
- In another bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups(chopped) strawberries and the remaining 2 tablespoons flour.
- Toss to coat the strawberries evenly with the flour.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the berries into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and level top with rubber spatula.
- Bake 60 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center of cake comes out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let the cake cool in the pan for 20-25 minutes.
- Unmold the cake onto the rack and let cool completely.
- Fill the center of the cake with remaining 2 cups(whole) strawberries.
- Dust cake with confectioners' sugar.