Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Simply Lite Food, its a nice easy cake to make.
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄3 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄3 cup ground hazelnuts
- 200 g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 250 g strawberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a deep 20cm round cake tin, line bse with baking paper.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until thick and creamy.
- Fold in sifted flour and hazelnuts, pour into prepared tin, bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and firm in the centre.
- Turn onto wire rack to cool.
- Combine ricotta, jam and strawberries in a food processor or blender, blend until smooth, but with still some strawberry chunks.
- Cut cake horizontially into two, put ricotta mixture on bottom layer, place top on cake.
- Dust top of cake with icing sugar on completion.