Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Eating strawberries dates back to Henry VIII’s royal court, and people have always been fond of the sweet, aromatic fruit which signals the start of the summer. This recipe is from a London, England farmer's market.
- 250 g strawberries
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 2 ripe peaches
- 1⁄4 watermelon
- 250 ml fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Hull the strawberries and slice them in half. Peel the bananas and chop into chunks. Peel the mango and cut the flesh into cubes. Slice the peaches into quarters. De-seed the watermelon and chop into chunks.
- Place all the fruit on a plastic tray or baking tray that is covered with greaseproof paper and put in the freezer for two hours, until the fruit is solid.
- Place the frozen fruit in a blender. Add the orange and lemon juice and honey and whizz until smooth.
- Pour the slushie into tall glasses and serve.