Recipe by Boomette
A recipe that looks very good and quite simple and also contains green chartreuse (alcohol). Maybe it can be substituted with Grand Marnier.
Top Review by KateL
2 Stars, the lime quarters were too sour and detracted, it seemed odd to garnish with pecan halves and then top with whipped cream and confectioners/icing sugar, and it made a mess in the oven (the recipe should specify that 7-oz ramekins should be used, and that the ramekins should be placed on a rack over a baking sheet in the oven so any boil over will fall away from the ramekin). Instead of lime quarters, lime juice would probably work better. But perhaps orange sections would be even better. I liked the combination of green Chartreuse with the lemon juice on the strawberries. Perhaps this recipe simply demonstrated my limitations as a chef, but it is not for me. Made for Photo Tag.
- 4 cups strawberries, washed, hulled and cut in half
- 3 limes, peeled and cut in quarters
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons green chartreuse liqueur or 2 teaspoons Grand Marnier
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, halves
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 400°F.
- In a bowl, mix strawberries, lime, lemon juice and chartreuse.
- In another bowl, whisk heavy cream until soft pics.
- Spread the strawberry mixture in ramequins. Garnish with pecans.
- Cover with whipped cream and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Cook 3 minutes. Serve now.