Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yum! I love grapefruit juice (especially pink) and mixed with strawberries makes it special! These ingredients are popular in Mexico, the Caribbean, and Australia!
- 1 cup whole fresh strawberries
- 1 cup pink unsweetened grapefruit juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 10 ice cubes
- Combine first 3 ingredients in container of electric blender; cover and process until smooth.
- While blender is running, add ice cubes, 1 at a time, processing until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
Wow....what a zippy, lively and refreshing drink. I used fresh squeezed grapefruit and the honey option. Wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for sharing this keeper recipe!
What a great way to get fruit into your diet! I used grapefruit juice sweetened with sucralose & omitted the sugar & it was sweet enough for me. This turns out very, very thick - like a slushie! Edited to add: the colour is spectacular - a nice girlie drink for a shower or party.
I made this recipe on 5/20/09 for the " Taste of Yellow " Event. The only change that was made to the recipe was, I didn't have pink grapefruit juice, so I used a regular grapefruit that was freshly sqeezed. ( I too prefer pink :) )The amount of sugar to the 1 cup of strawberries was " right on the money " The taste of this reminded me so much of our time spent in the Bahamas.Thanks for bringing back those memories. This recipe was just enough for three people, me, myself, and I. :) This will be made again, and again. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "