Recipe by looneytunesfan
Your favorite flavor preserves can be substituted.
Top Review by chiclet
Sorry I can't give a better rating, but these were just way too sweet for us. I think that, whereas in other jam squares the brown sugar and jam add sweetness to oats, the granola is already sweet and pushes the bars over the edge. I did like the added crunchiness, however and they were super easy to make. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 cups granola cereal, without raisins
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the granola, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside a third of the mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture into a well greased 9 inch square baking dish. Bake at 375* for 10 minutes.
- Spread preserves over crust; sprinkle with reserved granola mixture. Bake 15 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly around the edges. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator.