Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Your favorite flavor preserves can be substituted.
- 1 1⁄2 cups granola cereal, without raisins
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
- In a large bowl, combine the granola, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside a third of the mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture into a well greased 9 inch square baking dish. Bake at 375* for 10 minutes.
- Spread preserves over crust; sprinkle with reserved granola mixture. Bake 15 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly around the edges. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator.
Sorry I can't give a better rating, but these were just way too sweet for us. I think that, whereas in other jam squares the brown sugar and jam add sweetness to oats, the granola is already sweet and pushes the bars over the edge. I did like the added crunchiness, however and they were super easy to make. Thanks!
I love strawberries and when I was looking for a dessert I found this one. For this I made my own quick strawberry jam fresh on the stove and I used Aurora Natural Vanilla Crunch Granola. I also multiplied this recipe by 2.5 and made them on a cookie sheet. (made 35 squares, go big or go home!) I LOVE them! I highly recommend making your own quick strawberry puree/jam, the flavor is amazing!
Pretty good! I used oatmeal cookie granola recipe from this site & whole wheat flour. I also used Splenda brown sugar. I cut the recipe in half & used half red fat marg & half applesauce. I used sugar free strawberry preserves, but had a problem in baking b/c the jam bubbled into the crust underneath, maing the bars kind of hard to cut & stay together! So next time I'll cut the jam amount in half & keep a 1/2 inch edge clear. Hopefully that will solve that problem b/c they did taste quite good!