Recipe by 2Bleu
Adapted from http://thejoyofcleaneating.com/recipes/clean-eating-strawberry-granola-crunch/
Top Review by Sydney Mike
We really liked the combo of fruits & nuts in this granola, & I did use some of the tastiest small-sized strawberries for this! Sprinkled some over cottage cheese for an initial snack, then went from there with a bit of ice cream before having some with milk for breakfast the this morning day! This is definitely a prize-winning keeper recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (tops removed)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Line a baking sheet with parchment or silpat.
- Place the nuts into a small food processor and pulse to crumble (if you don't have a food processor, you can use a Ziploc bag and a rolling pin). Don’t overdo it, you don’t want them finely ground, just lightly chopped/crushed.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the chopped nuts, oats, and cinnamon. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Place the fresh strawberries, honey, and vanilla in a small food processor (or blender) and blend until pureed. Pour into oat/nut mixture. Toss/stir to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat. Spread the granola in a single layer on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 5-7 minutes. Don’t be concerned if the granola seems mushy. Remove from the oven and let it sit and cool for one hour.
- After the granola has cooled and become crunchy, fold in dried cranberries and store in a Ziploc bag. Enjoy as a cereal, snack, or over ice cream.