Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Bon Appetit. Can be made up to 2 days ahead. Keep Frozen. I would sweeten the cream slightly.
- 1 lb strawberry, hulled and sliced, about 1 2/3 c
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream, chilled
- Puree berries, sugar and salt in processor till smooth. Add water and lemon juice and process to blend. Strain into an 8x8x2 inch metal pan.
- Cover with foil and place in freezer. Stir with fork every hour till frozen, about 4 hours. Using fork, scrape granita down length of pan, forming icy flakes. Return to freezer.
- Beat chilled cream till firm peaks form. Divide cream among dishes. Spoon granita over and serve immediately.