Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
These tarts with their hazelnut pastry base feature that classic blending of strawberries with Grand Marnier. If strawberries be indeed the food of love, bring on the Strawberry Grand Marnier Tarts! Another recipe from ‘The Australian Women’s Weekly’ website. The 'cooking time' includes chilling time.
- 150 g plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 60 g hazelnuts, ground
- 125 g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 500 g strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier, extra
- PASTRY: Sift the flour, salt and sugar into a bowl, add the hazelnuts and mix well.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and water, and mix to make a firm dough.
- Turn the pastry out onto a lightly-floured surface, and lightly knead.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion to cover the base and sides of 6 individual 10cm (4”) flan tins and prick the pastry well with a fork.
- Place the flan tins onto oven trays and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Cook at 180°C for 10 to 12 minutes until the flan pastry cases are a light golden brown, then remove from the oven, and allow them to cool in the flan tins.
- FILLING: Place the sugar, cream and Grand Marnier into a bowl, beat to cream until firm peaks form.
- Spread the cream mixture over the base of each cold pastry case.
- Wash and hull the strawberries, carefully dry them, cut them in half lengthways and arrange over the cream.
- Place strawberry jam, water and extra Grand Marnier into a pan, bring to a simmering point, remove the pan from the heat, push the jam mixture through a fine sieve and allow it to become cold.
- Brush the jam mixture thickly over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.